July 13 – 16, 2020
Elora, Ontario CANADA
with The Elora Singers, Mark Vuorinen
celebrated Canadian vocal artists
Lawrence Wiliford, tenor and Brett Polegato, baritone
and Irene Gregorio, collaborative pianist
Information for Applicants
The Elora Singers invites vocal artists to apply for its inaugural Elora Singers Vocal Academy, from July 13 – 16, 2020. This program has been developed for vocalists whose interests lie in art song, oratorio and ensemble singing.
Qualified singers (SATB) will be invited to Elora to be coached by Academy Faculty, perform in an Academy showcase concert and join the acclaimed Elora Singers in a festival program. Together, singers will explore ways to communicate vocal repertoire more vividly, experience a broad range of vocal repertoire and examine all aspects of style, technique, communication, language, performance skills, and artistry.
The Vocal Academy will be led by Canadian tenor Lawrence Wiliford, baritone Brett Polegato and The Elora Singers’ Artistic Director Mark Vuorinen.
The four-day intensive course includes:
- private coaching and mentoring
- opportunities to observe festival rehearsals
- a feature performance in a showcase concert with The Elora Singers
- an opportunity to perform as members of The Elora Singers, one of Canada’s finest professional choirs, under the direction of Mark Vuorinen
Travel: Participants are responsible for their own travel costs to Elora.
Accommodations: Participants will be billeted with Elora Festival volunteers.
Participation Fee: There is no application fee, but if you are selected to participate in the Academy, the fee will be $500.
Eligibility: Applicants should have advanced vocal training from a recognized post-secondary music program (undergraduate or graduate program or the equivalent in training/performance experience). There is no age limit.
How to Apply
There is no special application form to complete. Please send an email with “The Elora Singers Vocal Academy Application” in the subject line and include the following information:
- Résumé, head shot, and general repertoire list, including any professional ensemble experience.
- Audio links: Include a maximum of three contrasting selections, with at least one art song and one selection from oratorio. (link to website or YouTube private account).
- At least one letter (or email) of recommendation from a music professional(s) other than your teacher.
Email all application material to:
Laura Adlers, Interim Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Laura directly at this email address.
Deadline: All application material must be received by midnight on April 15, 2020. Results will be announced and every applicant will be notified by May 1, 2020.